top of page
  • Writer's pictureCourtney Hutson

Water, H2O, Agua

***I am NOT a doctor, so do not take my word for this. This is all information I have learned, saw and experienced first hand.***

Why are we always told to drink water all the time? Why is water an essential to life everyday? Here you will find out all about the importance of water for the body, when to drink water and why especially after a massage drink water!!

Water 101

Our body is made up of roughly 60% of water!

Water composes 75% of our muscle tissue!

Our blood in the body is 90% water, the other 10% is salts and proteins!

Dehydration 101

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated according to

  • When we are dehydrated (which most of us are, and don't even know it) we are affecting the performance of the majority of our body!

  • Dehydration taxes the heart by causing it to pump faster to get sufficient oxygen to your muscles (in other words, your heart is working overtime when dehydrated)

What does water do for the human body?

  • Prevents loss of memory as you age

  • Essential for the body to sweat and release toxins

  • Cleanses toxic waste from various parts of the body

  • Lubricants joints

  • Lessens discomfort from arthritis or pain

  • Slows down aging process

  • Makes skin smooth

  • Lessons addictive urges (caffeine, alcohol, and certain drugs)

  • Allows for efficient cell repair

  • Allows red blood cells to carry oxygen more efficiently (resulting in better muscular function and increased mental acuity)

  • Without the flow of water, there's insufficient water to remove waste and toxins through your stool

Water After Massage

Have you ever got a massage, and then after the massage you were told to drink lots of water? Why? Because during a massage toxins are moved around and flushed out of the body, and by drinking water after the massage you're replenishing those fluids back into your body. Water is what helps the body flush out these toxins!

"Massage helps to increase the circulation of both the blood and the lymphatic system. Your blood needs water in it to keep moving and doing its job of bring oxygen and nutrients to your muscles, organs and other tissues. It also helps to take away the waste products created by the cells in these areas." -A Medium Corporation

10 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Benefits of Using Essential Oils

What we put IN, ON, and AROUND our bodies matter!! Cardiovascular System Benefits Circulatory System Benefits Positive effect on blood circulation Maintain Healthy Circulatory System Digestive System


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page